Nissan Middle East FZE, a company registered in the United Arab Emirates with its registered office at Jebel Ali Free Zone, P.O BOX 61111 United Arab Emirates, is committed to protecting the privacy of its users. (“Nissan”, “us”, “we” or “our”),
Please note that this policy only applies to the use of Information collected via our site or during your communications with us; it does not apply to the privacy practices of any third-party websites linked from our site, or to your communications with any other third party (including our authorised dealers).
By using our site, you consent to our collection and use of your Information as described in this policy. If we change this policy, we will post an updated version on the website to keep you aware of what Information is collected, how it is used and under what circumstances we may disclose it.
You may send us or we may ask you for the following information:
· Your full name
· Your address and postcode
· Your contact information (such as your email address and/or contact numbers)
· General information about you (such as your personal or professional interest, your experience of our services and products or other services and products and your contact preferences)
· Photographic and/or video materials featuring your name and likeness that you may post to our site
· Professional information about you if you apply for a job at Nissan
· Certain information about your hardware and software including:
o Your IP address
o Browser type
o Operating system
o Access times
o Referring website address
Nissan will not obtain data enabling you to be personally identified unless you give us this information by filling in and sending us the forms on the site.
HOW YOUR INFORMATION IS USED
Nissan and any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, may use your Information in the following ways:
· To ensure that the content on our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and your device
· To enable you to use interactive features of our site
· To provide products, services and information that you have requested
· To develop and improve our products and services
· For our internal record keeping
· To contact you to answer queries you may have
· To contact you for market research or marketing purposes where you have given us permission to do so.
· In the event that you apply for a job at Nissan, to assess your suitability for employment by us and to carry out any subsequent interview process.
Nissan or its group members will make no commercial use of the information without prior written authorization from Nissan or where appropriate the Nissan Dealer Network.
In limited circumstances, we may disclose your Information to third parties as follows:
· In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets, or if we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data we hold will be one of the transferred assets; or in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply any contract with the data subject or other agreements; or to protect our rights, property, or safety of our employees, customers, or others.
· In the event that you apply for a job with Nissan, we may share your Information with agents assisting with the recruitment process
· If we are under a duty to disclose or share your Information to comply with any legal obligation or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions and other agreements or protect the rights, property or safety of our customers or others. [This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.]
CORRECTING, UPDATING AND REMOVING YOUR INFORMATION
You have a right to access, remove or correct Information we hold about you by contacting Nissan Customer Services at the following address: email@example.com. Please note that while we will endeavour to make any updates as promptly as possible, communications may be sent using the original details until the changes have been processed.
From time to time, and where you have given permission for us to do so, we may wish to contact you with information relating to promotions, offers and other information about products and services, or products and services of our group companies or authorised dealers.
If you decide you do not want to receive those marketing communications, you can unsubscribe using the following methods:
· By writing to Nissan at our address at the top of this policy
· On each marketing communication there will be an opportunity for you to unsubscribe
STORING YOUR INFORMATION
We may transfer your Information to a country outside the UAE, provided that the country to which the personal data are transferred ensures an adequate level of protection for your rights and freedoms. If this country does not offer the same level of data protection as the UAE and local data protection legislation, Nissan will take adequate measures to ensure that the collected personal data is processed in accordance with the applicable legislation relating to data protection.
Personal data we hold may also be processed by staff operating outside the UAE who work for us or for one of our suppliers. That staff maybe engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of contracts with you, the processing of payment details and the provision of support services. By submitting Information to us, you agree to this transfer, storage and processing.
We take all reasonable steps to retain your personal Information only for as long as reasonably necessary. If you have agreed that we can use your information to tell you about our products and services but later decide you no longer want us to use your information you can tell us. We will make sure that we no longer send you marketing and sales communications. However, we reserve the right to contact you where we are legally obliged to do so or to fulfil our contractual obligations to you in respect of the vehicle or service you have bought from us.
Terms & Conditions
In undertaking the Bio-Color DNA test you consent to Nissan Middle East FZE (“NMEF) working with our contracted laboratory to analyse a saliva sample you provide, in order to fulfil the service as set out in the Bio-Color project.
We will send your sample to our contracted laboratory for analysis. Once complete, we will create a report on the genetic variants you possess that are related to non-medical visual traits.
The information contained within your reports cannot be used as specific medical or diagnostic advice. Please note this DNA analysis will only look at the genetic markers required for visual traits. The results will be shared as aggregate numeric scores for Color Vision & Night Vision; along with the corresponding color derived from these results.
There is no requirement for you to undergo genetic testing. If you do not wish to take part, you can still test drive an Altima without participating in this activity.
DATA PROCESSING, PROTECTION AND DELETION
As part of the agreement between NMEF and the laboratory, no personal information will be held by the laboratory. Your sample will be given a code, and that code will be used to identify your sample.
As such, our laboratory will only receive your anonymised DNA sample. Upon completion of this processing, your genetic sample will be destroyed in accordance with the Human Tissue Act.
Your test results will be stored anonymously & will be deleted 1 month after sharing your results.
NMEF holds no liability or responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury incurred or suffered by any participant as a result of signing up to this program.
BIO-COLOR PROJECT DETAILS
To find your Nissan Altima Bio-Color, we will select and analyze 15 genes related to vision and color recognition. We will organize these two markers and their specific individual scores into a Gene Color Map, which is a chromatic grid that classifies all the possible colors for your Nissan Altima. This will result in identifying a unique color from your own genetic information.
The color range showcased under the Bio-Color project is not representative of the actual color range available with the 2019 Nissan Altima.